Saturday, June 4, 2011

BABIES

So I'm beginning to realize that I'm a typical girl...I've been married a year now and every time I see a baby I just want to smoosh it. I love babies. I love baby clothes. I love baby animals. I love baby corn and baby carrots and other such mini foods. I think baby socks and shoes are particularly adorable. Add all of these things together and it basically means I want to have a baby.

Today I went to a friend's baby shower and almost died. She's going to have a little boy, so I spent some time in Target looking for little boy onesies and could not make up my mind on which cute little onsie to purchase. I agonized back and forth between turtle (I like turtles), teddy bear, and monkey patterns and spent way longer in that store that I initially expected. I settled on the turtles.

Last night Paul and I went to the drive-in theater in Scottsdale. It's the most amazing place ever and my favorite part is definitely all the families that are there. So many cute little kids that I just want to steal and take home with me. Paul says that's illegal.

Paul and I got there super early because it tends to be a little crowded on Friday nights so we spent some time in the little clubhouse playing old school video games. I sat down to play this truck driving game and this little boy crawled up next to me in the seat and started trying to play the game with me. I immediately fell in love. A few minutes later his dad walked up and said oh come on let her (referring to me) play by herself. Of course I was like, no he's totally fine! He was just my new little best friend. After the game was over, Paul was like, "Sally, let them have their kid back." I didn't realize my new little friend's family had been waiting for him so they could get to their movie.

Moral of the story is, I want my own little baby boy so bad! They're just so stinkin cute...Freakin law school is ruining my life.

4 comments:

Heatha said...

Sally, I understand completely. I also want babies and as you know, have wanted babies for the last 22 years. I don't think stealing one would be THAT bad...

Trish said...

I have been baroing babys for some time now.

I am now sorda beeing a Nanny.

kacy faulconer said...

Being in Law School awesome though, remember that. I'm not saying it's better than babies or anything--just that it's awesome in itself.

bonbon said...

I find this blog post very interesting and I am wondering if I will ever share your feelings. As for right now, we could not feel more differently on the topic. I run when I see a kid.