Monday, April 16, 2012

Dream Journal

So I'm just about to start taking finals and graduate from law school. Yes, I survived and it's a miracle. Unfortunately, my brain is freaking out. As a result, I have terrifying dreams. Here are the latest:

Dream #1: I have just a few minutes before I have to take a final exam. I immediately remember that I have not been going to class all semester, and I'm just going to wing the exam with some notes I got from a friend at school. Too bad it's not an open-note test. So I'm frantically trying to memorize as many cases (law cases) as I possibly can and in walks the teacher. It's time to go. Then I realize that I haven't downloaded the exam software (yes, in real life we have to have special exam software on our computers to make sure we aren't cheating) onto my computer and it's going to take me a few minutes to do. I'm so distressed at this point that I wake up from my dream. It took me a while before I realized it was just a dream and that I actually HAD been going to class...I also immediately downloaded the exam software onto my computer.

Dream #2: I have to give the graduation speech at school. I have just a few minutes before I have to stand up in front of everyone and I'm just barely getting started on writing it. Balls. I woke up from this one pretty quick - again, I was super stressed out and had to tell myself over and over again that I was not actually speaking at graduation.

So what I know from these dreams is that I'm super stressed about school, I feel unprepared to graduate, and I'm so used to procrastinating that my brain thinks I do it all the time now. Way to give me some credit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you, Sally. Dreams are okay sometimes. After all, you're about to realize a real dream - graduating! We will see you soon.