Monday, December 22, 2008

And the snow continues...

Still stuck in the house...Good news is that my neice is here and she is adorable and always has a surprised look on her face. I know I should post pictures but I am too lazy and she is sleeping right now anyway. I was talking to my friend the other day and I realized that I'm going back to utah in less than a week...and honestly I haven't even been paying attention to how fast the time has gone. In my month of solitude I have been able to reflect on my life a little and make sure that I'm making good decisions and doing the things that I truly care about. Here are some things I've learned:

1. I don't hate Oregon as much as I say I do.
Seriously. It's beautiful here. It's pretty when it's sunny; it's pretty when it rains; it's pretty when it snows. Oh yeah and there's a mountain that's an hour away in one direction, a beach that's an hour away in the other direction, a city that's twenty minutes away, and farmland like five minutes away. I live in the middle of heaven. It is SO green here...even in the middle of winter. Love, love, love.

2. I like what I'm doing with my life.
I get a little embarrassed when I say I'm going to law school because sometimes people make a big deal about it and I just don't really know what to say because I don't think it's that big of a deal...I just think it sounds challenging and it's something I want to do. I've had a lot of time to make sure it's really what I want to do and as I send in my applications I feel even more ready for it. I'm extremely excited to go to Guatemala (Holy crap in like three weeks) and I'm excited to be stranded in a foreign country without knowing the language. Talk about character building. I really hope that I will be able to grow up a little while I'm gone and really figure out what I want from life.

3. I'm really irresponsible.
There I said it. I laugh too much; I love to play; and sometimes I spend my time foolishly...I love video games. And games. Period.

3 comments:

KT said...

Yay your neice is adorable! Also, I'm kind-of freaked out about you in a foreign country, but I can't say too much because my past is cluttered with really stupid decisions. Not that you make stupid decisions.... uhhhh, this is awkward.

Heather Johnson said...

Get to Utah safe tomorrow you saucy little thing.

I'll see you soon and thanks for playing in the snow with me.

KT said...

Remember when you were in Oregon? I do. Come back.

Also, you left the light on inside your car and it died. Thumbs up.