Monday, December 15, 2008

Let it snow, baby.

Heatha, this one is for you. So as I was leaving the good state of Utah a couple of weeks ago I specifically remember congratulating myself for successfully getting away before it started to snow. I was pretty happy with myself. So here I am now in Oregon (for those of you who actually read this blog and may have missed that bit of information) and I wake up yesterday and look out my window...my car is covered in six inches of snow. Ga-reat. Now I have to whip out the mittens and the coat and the snow pants just to feel warm enough to get out of bed.

Actually...besides the fact that my car is covered in snow (I'm not driving it until the snow melts off on its own), it's pretty nice. I like the look of it. And yesterday my dad spent forever piling up the snow in our backyard so that it would be here when my sister and her husband got here. Cute, huh? I tried to get him to come inside after it got dark, but he pretty much shot me down and said he was having too much fun. I guess it doesn't snow that much here or something. Oh yeah and it is SO windy!! Blusters of already fallen snow are blowing past my window as we speak.

Two more weeks until I'm back in the cold land of Utah....and it's like three weeks before I leave for Guatemala!! I'm so excited. I've started speaking Spanish as much as possible...you know, gracias and hola and what not. That's pretty much what I know. I found out that I'm going with some kid from Salt Lake City who is fluent in Spanish. I told him that he could play a bunch of jokes on me but I'm not sure if he knows I'm serious. So far, no jokes. Oh well, I stalked him on facebook and it looks like he might have a personality. We'll see. I got my first set of shots last week and I'm taking pills for typhoid and I get to go back to the doctor on Thursday so he can inject my arm with more poison...oh yeah and the doctor's office is this suspicious little whole in the wall place in downtown Portland. He's probably really injecting my arm with some sort of HIV virus as part of a diabolical experiment that I'm unaware of but at least I'll be spending the last few months of my life in a foreign country. Woo woo. Well that's about all I got for today. Betty's getting antsy and wants me to shower or something...I can't remember the last time I washed my hair.

xoxo...OxOxOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(Oh yeah thanks to Heather...I was listening to the music from your blog as I was writing all this stuff that doesn't really matter)

2 comments:

Heather Johnson said...

The music on my blog caused you to be absent-minded? No.

It's funny that we write this way, I feel, because the further along I get in college, the more my writing has become sarcastic and unprofessional...which I can't decide is good or bad. It's good for me, 'cause I think I'm funny, but it's also not-so-great because I can't turn off my somewhat dry sense of humor and sarcasm, nope, not even long enough to write a normal paper. My Professors think that I have attitude and the inability to write without my "voice" in it. What the eff?

But it's the truth, I can't stop.

Fat, I heard about the snow and I'm praying that it doesn't keep me from coming to Portland on Friday. When I get there (IF I get there), can we do a snow dance to Spice Girls or Backstreet Boys and then go out and play?. Let me know how you feel about this.

P.S. Do you watch 30 Rock? 'cause you should. Johnson out.

KT said...

A. I DO NOT like the idea of being cold. It's something like 80 degrees here today. Some may say that's not Christmasy, but I say SUCK IT. I don't have to wear socks. Nee-ner-nee-ner.

B. I love dad.

C. My baby has a case of the snots.

D. Fa la la la la la la la la.